Here’s our Testogen vs Roman Testosterone Support comparison. Our team will be analyzing their ingredient profiles, safety, servings, and overall value for money to see which is the better option for you, and how they compare to other products on sale.
SUMMARY: While we don’t rate Testogen nor Roman as the very best testosterone boosters currently around, Testogen is the superior choice between the two. It contains more ingredients (11 vs 6), and the ingredients it uses are of higher quality and come in higher doses, as well. While Roman does have the advantage of Ashwagandha and Maca which are excellent for stress and libido. Roman isn’t as good as Testogen when it comes to actually raising the male hormone testosterone.
What do we use?
Testogen vs Roman – The Basics
Testogen is a popular men’s vitality supplement designed to naturally boost your T-levels.
Testogen has been on the market since 2009. It is made by a Cyprus-based company called Wolfson Berg. This manufacturer claims Testogen will also help:
- Boost your performance
- Enhance your sex drive
- Improve mental focus
- Reduce estrogen and cortisol which inhibit testosterone from thriving
Testogen comes in 120-capsule bottles. The recommended dosage is 1 capsule, taken 4 times per day with your meals. This is an excellent way to dose a testosterone booster, as it allows the nutrients to be circulating in your system for longer.
Testogen is a highly popular supplement with some of the best reviews out of any testosterone booster online. But are its claims really true? And how do its ingredients compare to those of Roman Testosterone Support? We find out in the next sections.
Official website: testogen.com
About Roman Testosterone Support
Roman, much like Testogen is a 100% natural testosterone enhancing supplement. Just like its competitor, Roman Testosterone Support contains a range of herbs and nutreints that have clinical evidence they can help support male health in some way.
The product is claimed to be “created by doctors” and “backed by science.” It too contains 120 capsules per package and is meant to be taken 4 times per day with meals.
So, do Roman’s claims really live up to reality? Let’s check what’s ‘under the hood’ to see if it can compete with Testogen in terms of quality, safety, testosterone support, libido and sex drive, and male health support overall.
Roman Testosterone Support contains 6 ingredients. Testogen, meanwhile, boasts a larger formula with 11 ingredients. We all know that more doesn’t always mean better, but is that the case here?
The supplements share 3 common ingredients. Roman contains higher doses of 2 of those ingredients – zinc and magnesium – but this raises the risk of side effects like diarrhea and stomach cramps. Especially since we can’t see which type of magnesium and zinc is used in Roman.
As for the unique ingredients that separate these two supplements, Roman has 3 unique ingredients, some of which are excellent – others, not really proven to do much for men’s vitality!
Meanwhile, Testogen contains 8 unique ingredients, many of which are familiar. In fact, Testogen uses a similar ingredient profile as some of the current highest-rated testosterone boosters, making it highly effective. There is one downside to Testogen’s formula though, and that is that it uses lighter doses of some ingredients, which makes them less effective than in the very best testosterone boosters on sale today.
Check out the common ingredients. These ones are found in both Testogen and Roman Testosterone Support:
- Vitamin D3 – This is one of the essential raw testosterone nutrients. A secosteroid hormone in its own right, vitamin D3 synthesizes when your skin is in contact with direct sunlight. We can also get it from some foods, but often, in not nearly optimal amounts. Over a billion people are deficient in this nutrient, or have sub-optimal levels. Studies show that when men supplement 3,332IU of vitamin D daily for one year, they can expect their T levels to rise by a significant extent. Testogen contains just over 2,000IU of vitamin D3 per serving, whereas Roman Testosterone Support contains exactly 2,000IU. Both are lacking behind higher-dosed T-boosters which produce a more substantial benefit.
- Zinc – Zinc is a trace mineral that keeps your immune system strong, reduces the negative effects of stress on your body, and helps keep your testosterone levels in check as you age. Testogen contains a safe and healthy 10mg of zinc per serving, whereas Roman has a larger dose of 30mg which is more likely to cause negative side effects. Luckily, this is often avoidable by taking it with a larger meal.
- Magnesium (200mg) – Magnesium is another important health nutrient. When it comes to testosterone, it can raise the levels of both free and total T. Roman has 150mg more magnesium thant Testogen but we don’t know which type of magnesium it uses. It could be oxide which is inefffective. Testogen, on the other hand, contains the highly effective and absorbable aspartate.
Testogen’s Unique Ingredients
- Nettle Leaf Extract (40mg) – Nettle leaf, is a common inclusion in T boosters, although it hasn’t been proven to actually do anything for male health specifically.
- Boron Citrate (8mg) – Boron is a trace mineral with potent T-boosting properties. As little as 7 days of supplementation is shown in studies to result in marked increases in the key male hormone.
- D-Aspartic Acid – DAA is a well-established amino acid that has potent effects on testosterone in the short-term. However, studies show that over time, D-AA’s effects wear off. When you take a break and then take it again, the positive effects do return in most cases.
- Fenugreek Extract – Fenugreek is an excellent ingredient and a key addition that gives Testogen an edge over Roman. Fenugreek helps block the conversion of your testosterone into DHT, another hormone which raises as you get older. As a result, Fenugreek helps keep your hormones in a more youthful balance.
- Korean Panax Ginseng – This form of Ginseng is traditionally used as a libido tonic. It will help to stimulate your performance and sex drive.
- Black Pepper Extract –Black Pepper Extract is a source of piperine, a compound that enhances your body’s digestion of other ingredients.
- Vitamin K1 (20mcg) – Vitamin K1 is involved in blood clotting, helping you heal from cuts and wounds faster. However, vitamin K2 is superior when it comes to supporting healthier test levels. Although, vitamin K2 is more expensive too. Which is why only the manufacturers of the very best T boosters choose to invest into it.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6, or if you fancy fancier names, pyridoxine, supports your overall function and health as a man. A great ingredient, and it’s included in an effective dossage in Testogen.
Get Roman Testosterone Support’s Unique Ingredients
- Maca (3,000mg) – Maca is a libido boosting plant. It’s highly dosed in Roman, too. It’s great ingredient choice if your goal is to enhance your sex drive and erections. Maca has some other general health benefits too, making it an awesome all-around ingredient.
- Copper (2mg) – We don’t really see a reason to include copper in a supplement. If you’re deficient in this nutrient, you should always check with your doctor first. Otherwise, it’s best to stay away from copper supplements as many individuals already have high copper – adding more could lead to toxicity. And copper toxicity is no joke!
- Ashwagandha (600mg) – Ashwagandha is an excellent herbal remedy for stress, libido, and muscle strength. We wish more T boosters would use it! It’s shown in studies to also lead to increases in testosterone levels, too, although that’s not yet proven.
Key Takeaway: Roman has a slimmer ingredient profile, but Ashwagandha and Maca should be enough if your sole goal is to improve your sex drive. Though we’re not happy it uses copper – it could cause problems. We suggest checking with your MD before using copper supplements. Testogen, on the other and, contains a far more comprehensive formula, and is by extension more effective at raising testosterone naturally, along with providing other benefits. Neither T booster is the best, though, as they both contain some ineffective ingredients. Additionally, in both Testogen and Roman Testosterone Support, some key ingredients, such as vitamin D, are underdosed.
Side Effects – Which Product is Safer?
Testogen contains well-researched ingredients in safe doses. The risk of side effects from this supplement is extremely low. Most user reviews and testimonials agree with this.
Roman Testosterone Support also contains well-known ingredients, all of which are natural. However, it doesn’t show on the label the forms of some of its ingredients, such as magnesium and zinc. Both are highly dosed, and if they come as oxide, which is a cheap form of these minerals, it could cause cramps and diarrhea.
There’s also copper in Roman, as we mentioned. We think that most people need to check with a qualified professional before taking excess copper through supplements. We already get it from food and other sources – and often in high amounts.
Price and Value for Money?
Testogen costs $59.99 a bottle, with each lasting you a month. You also get excellent bulk-buy deals. Buying 3 bottles of Testogen gets you 2 extra bottles for free, plus additional gifts like testosterone boosting guide. This all comes on top of free international shipping. So, if you were to buy this 3+2 deal, you would end up with 5 month’s worth of Testogen bottles – for $179.99. Breaking it down, it would cost $1.19 per day. You can get Testogen’s prices here.
Roman Testosterone Support, on the other hand, comes in two options: monthly or quarterly shipments of the product. You can get it in a bottle or in packets. The monthly plan costs $35, and the quarterly plan is $29. This makes Roman significantly cheaper than Testogen, but it also comes with fewer deals. It’s important to note that Roman also contains fewer ingredients, and in less effective amounts, which is part of the reason why it’s cheaper to manufacture. While it won’t give you the same effects as Testogen, it could be a decent option if you aren’t able to afford anything better at the moment.
Our Conclusion to Testogen vs Roman Testosterone Support
Testogen and Roman are 100% natural T boosters, and we think both are decent at doing what they claim to do. Testogen is a little more effective on the Testosterone side of things, while Roman is more effective for libido in our experience.
Both products contain some ineffective ingredients though, which is why we think neither are one of the best options you can currently find on the natural testosterone market. You can see what we rate as the best by clicking on the image below. Be sure to also check the current highest-rated test boosters for men over 30 currently on sale.
You can see our Roman Testosterone Support Review here.