Here’s our Roman Testosterone Support review. Our team will be analyzing this popular testosterone boosting supplement to see how it compares to other products on the market in terms of giving you benefits such as increased energy, enhanced libido, and an easier time building muscle and losing fat. Let’s kick this off with a brief summary.
[ROMAN TESTOSTERONE SUPPORT AT A GLANCE]
- Magnesium, zinc, and vitamin D are all good foundational nutrients
- Contains Ashwagandha which may lower your cortisol levels
- Maca is an herb linked to increases in libido
- Affordable price if you pay a quarterly subscription ($29 per month)
- Missing some core ingredients
- Vitamin D is underdosed (3,332IU is the minimum for testosterone boosting)
- The ingredient label isn’t fully transparent – we don’t know which type of magnesium and zinc it uses
- If the form of magnesium and zinc is oxide, it results in poor absorption and potentially diarrhea
- 2 ineffective ingredients for testosterone
Summary: Roman Testosterone Support is a natural supplement. Its manufacturers claim it will support your body in the making of its own testosterone, along with enhancing your libido and masculine vitality. These are sensible claims – a good testosterone booster can do that. However, the ingredients in Roman Testosterone Support don’t reflect the claims. The label doesn’t show which types of ingredients it uses (it could use cheaper ingredient forms that are ineffective), and some ingredient doses are too low. Copper is not only unnecessary since most of us get plenty through our diet already, it is also toxic in excess amounts. For the price, Roman Testosterone Support isn’t the best testosterone enhancer we’ve tried.
What do we use?
Who is Get Roman?
To start off, you may want to know a little bit about who makes this product first!
Get Roman, or more commonly, Roman, is a company that provides digital health services and products – you can think of them as your digital MD. They offer a convenient way to access healthcare services through the internet, and ship products discretely to you via mail. Roman covers different areas of health, but primarily focus on sexual health and function.
Which leads us to their Roman Testosterone Support supplement!
About Get Roman Testosterone Support
Roman testosterone pills are designed to give your body the raw materials needed to efficiently make testosterone. In addition to this, Roman Testosterone Support contains herbs and plant extracts that are known to influence testosterone-killer hormones like cortisol (stress hormone) and oestrogen (female sex hormone).
You are promised these benefits by consistently taking Roman Testosterone Support;
- Improved bone and muscle mass
- Enhanced sperm count and quality
- Better performance
How does this product look? Unlike most T boosters that come in bottles, Roman Testosterone Support comes in packets, each of which contains 4 tablets (a total daily serving of Roman Testosterone Support). Much like the Roman official website, the red packets of their Testosterone Support look clean, stylish and well-designed.
Aesthetics aside, you will want to know what this T booster can do for you. Can it actually help you raise your testosterone levels so you can have more energy, be more assertive, and enjoy great libido and sex life? All of that will be answered in detail below.
First though, we need to clarity what Roman Testosterone Booster is NOT!
Does Roman Testosterone Booster Make You Dependant on it?
In other words, will your body stop making its own testosterone after you stop using Roman Testosterone Booster?
This is a common misconception in the testosterone supplement industry. Supplements like Roman Testosterone Support aren’t synthetic hormones, nor do they directly affect your hormones in any way – unlike testosterone replacement therapy or steroids.
What Roman’s Testosterone support and other quality testosterone boosters do, is provide your body with nutrients, herbal extracts, and other studied ingredients that assist your body in making its own testosterone. Steroids are illegal and synthetic, testosterone boosters are legal and natural (lower quality T boosters use synthetic vitamins but you get the point). And as for TRT, it’s only legally available through your doctor’s prescription!
When you stop taking Roman Testosterone Support, your T levels will return to where they were prior to taking this T-booster.
However, if you’re deficient in any of the key raw testosterone nutrients – such as zinc, magnesium, and vitamin D – you may notice the symptoms of these deficiencies return after you stop using a testosterone booster that uses these ingredients – such as TestoFuel.
How to Use Roman Testosterone Support
As we said, Roman Testosterone Booster comes in packets – each packet contains 4 tablets which is your total daily dose.
With this in mind, the official directions for using Roman Testosterone Support are;
- Take 4 tablets per day with one of your meals. Taking it with a meal ensures your body properly absorbs its fat-soluble ingredients.
- If you have a particularly sensitive stomach, Roman says you can split their Testosterone Support into two servings of 2 tablets per day!
Roman says you can’t get their Testosterone Support blend anywhere else – consisting of 5 study-backed ingredients, each of which, according to Roman, shows improvement in at least one area of masculine health. Roman has also included one ingredient for overall health.
So, what’s in Roman Testosterone Support? Here’s a look at the ingredients;
- Vitamin D (50mcg/2,000IU)
- Zinc (30mg)
- Magnesium (350mg)
- Ashwagandha (600mg)
- Maca (3,000mg)
- Copper (2mg)
At the moment, there are no nutrition facts nor ingredient label information about Roman Testosterone Support supplement. Here’s why this is a problem…
For one, we can’t see the exact type of magnesium or zinc Roman Testosterone Support uses.
Some forms of magnesium (such as oxide) have poor bioavailability and absorption in your body, and they also cause diarrhea. The same goes for Ashwagandha, which needs to contain a precise ratio of its active compounds in order to provide all of its awesome benefits.
Again, Roman didn’t provide us with official label information or pictures so we can’t tell which forms of ingredients are being used in their formula.
- With that being said, the ingredients in general look good. Roman Testosterone Support only has a few of them, but enough to cover the essentials – vitamin D, zinc, and magnesium are all crucial for testosterone production. Deficiency in any of these can put you at risk of sub-optimal T levels. [1,2]
- As for the rest of the ingredients, Maca is a great options for libido but hasn’t been shown to raise testosterone levels. [3, 4] Copper is an essential trace mineral that we already get from our diet, with deficiency being more common in women than men. Having too much copper is harmful and should be something to consider with your doctor before supplementing it.
- Unlike Maca and Copper, Ashwagandha is a great option for a testosterone booster in our opinion. It has some evidence showing it can support testosterone production. However, Ashwagandha shines the most when it comes to reducing stress. Too much cortisol or other stress hormones can leave little space for your testosterone to grow, which is where Ashwagandha can help – indirectly!
As good as some of its ingredients are, Roman Testosterone Support could use the support of a few additional proven ingredients. For example, it’s missing something to help lower estrogen, which is typically rising in men as they age, causing symptoms like man boobs, weight gain around the belly, difficulty concentrating and others.
There’s a reason why top-rated testosterone boosters use multiple ingredients to not just enhance testosterone, but also to prevent certain enzymes and other hormones from disrupting optimal hormonal balance.
These ingredients include ;
- Boron – a potent trace mineral that, while not essential, has been shown to lead to significant increases in testosterone levels when supplemented daily.
- D-Aspartic Acid – a natural amino acid that’s been shown time and time again to enhance testosterone levels.
- Vitamin K – this is a silent hero of testosterone boosting; it fights premature testosterone decline and contributes to more youthful anabolic hormone balance.
- Mucuna Pruriens – Resembling beans, Mucuna Pruriens seeds are a potent source of LEVODOPA, which, apart from improving the mood-regulating dopamine levels, also improves sperm quality and androgen hormone synthesis in your testes.
- Indole-3-Carbinol – a natural compound from broccoli, it helps lower the aromatase enzyme which is responsible for turning your testosterone to estrogen.
[RELATED: Top 5 Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 30]
As far as Roman Testosterone Support reviews go, they are few and far between. This testosterone booster isn’t sold anywhere else but on its official website. This makes it hard to find reliable and trustworthy reviews from 3rd party sites like Amazon.
Reddit is another site where people search for Roman Testosterone Support reviews, but at this moment in time, there aren’t any!
Side Effects: Is Roman Testosterone Support Safe?
We haven’t seen any reports of side effects from Roman Testosterone Support, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any.
One issue you might encounter from using Roman Testosterone Support is diarrhea, in case they’re using magnesium oxide, which is the cheapest form of the mineral to produce.
The zinc dose is 30mg per serving. Since the type of zinc isn’t known either, it may cause stomach upset or nausea, especially if you don’t follow the dosage guidelines. Which are; to take Testosterone Booster with a meal!
Price, Value for Money, and Where to Buy?
Roman Testosterone Support comes in monthly and quarterly shipments of daily packets. Each packet contains 4 tablets which is your daily dose for this testosterone booster.
If you subscribe to their monthly plan, you will be paying $35 per month. Quarterly plans are a bit cheaper at $29 per month (these are billed and shipped 3 months at the time).
You won’t find Roman Testosterone Support on Amazon, Walmart, or any place else other than its official website.
Roman Testosterone Booster also only sells to the USA, and is not available in the UK at the moment.
Pros vs. Cons of Roman Testosterone Support
How good is Roman Testosterone Support?
In our opinion, it’s got some great ingredient choices, including Ashwagandha and vitamin D. However, the Roman Testosterone Support label isn’t clear on which forms of ingredients it uses – cheaper ones, or more expensive (and more effective) ones. This is especially important with magnesium and zinc as these two minerals need to come in their chelated forms to be absorbed optimally – oxide won’t cut it! Even though it’s got a simple formula, the lack of transparency makes us hesitant to recommend it as one of the very best natural T-enhancers on the market right now.
- Clean formula – featuring 4 well-chosen active ingredients (and 2 that don’t work)
- A massive dose of 4 tablets per day
- Cheap deals when you subscribe to their quarterly plan (comes out at $29 per month)
- 2 ingredients in the formula aren’t shown to have a significant (or any) impact on your testosterone
- There’s no official ingredient label, preventing us from seeing which types of ingredients are being used
- Lack of more proven testosterone boosters
- Zinc and magnesium could be in the cheapest and least effective oxide form for all we know
Conclusion to Roman Testosterone Support Review
So to conclude, does Roman Testosterone Support work?
For a supplement that is “created by doctors, backed by science” in their own words, we expected a little more!
While this testosterone booster did provide us with some noticeable benefits, such as a reduction in fatigue and stress. It’s not clear to what extent it can support your testosterone levels, as every individual is different and more importantly, there’s lack of information about what types of ingredients Roman Testosterone Support uses.
Sure, we know the names of these ingredients – Ashwagandha, Magnesium, Zinc, etc. – but what are they? KSM Ashwagandha? Ashwagandha powder? Sensoril Ashwagandha? Or maybe just plain Ashwagandha extract? The manufacturer doesn’t show us any of this!
The same goes for zinc and magnesium. What type of zinc? What type of magnesium? Is it oxide which is known to cause diarrhea? Or is it a more bioavailable form of the mineral, such as citrate, which gets absorbed more easily and doesn’t get completely pooped out like oxide?
We’d say Roman Testosterone Support has got a lot of potential, but until we can know more exactly about what forms of ingredients it is using, it’s better to go with a more researched option – luckily, there are plenty available nowadays.
What are the Alternatives?
We do independent reviews on over 40 testosterone booster supplements every year, searching for the most effective, research-backed formula on the market.
Some of our criteria include:
- Must support testosterone naturally and safely
- 100% clean, legal ingredients
- Long-term and short-term benefits
- Energy, Mood and Libido
- Brand Trust
- Value for money