About JYM ZMA by Jim Stoppani
If you’re eating a diet that doesn’t have enough dark green veggies and nuts, you could be slightly deficient in two essential minerals – zinc and magnesium. They play a role in many important functions of our body, including regulating enzymes, providing antioxidant and immune support, offering cardiovascular support and so on.
JYM ZMA is a zinc and magnesium supplement which is designed to support your nutritional needs, and help your body function better. More specifically, this formula is tailored to men who’re looking to support their hormone levels – including testosterone.
The producers of JYM ZMA, including their CEO Jim Stoppani, say this supplement will help you:
- Maintain Optimal Hormone Levels
- Maximize Muscle Strength and Support Recovery
In a way, JYM ZMA can be called a testosterone booster, since it’s supposed to help you keep optimal testosterone levels.
However, before we get into this JYM ZMA review. Let me say straight away that zinc and magnesium are no miracle for testosterone. And unless you’re seriously deficient in these two minerals, there is little evidence that this supplement will help you.
So, is there any benefit to taking this product? And, most importantly, is it worth your time and money? Let’s find out in our complete JYM ZMA review!
How to Use JYM ZMA
JYM ZMA comes in bottles of 90 capsules. Instructions on the label read that you’re to take 3 capsules of the supplement on an empty stomach, 1 hour before bed.
This means that Z-JYM will last you 30 days, aka, 1 month. I think this is pretty decent for a product that costs around 15 dollars.
However, what bothers me here is taking so many capsules at once, not to mention on an empty stomach.
It’s not unusual for people to experience nausea, vomiting, or cramps when taking zinc and magnesium on an empty stomach, especially in such high doses.
My advice to you, if you’re planning to take this product, is to start with a low dose. Maybe 1 or 2 capsules, and then based on how you respond adjust the dose from there.
JYM ZMA Ingredients
The active ingredients in this ‘testosterone booster’ are zinc and magnesium. There is also vitamin B6 added, alongside with BioPerine (Black pepper extract) to enhance absorption in the body.
This is great, I like seeing Black pepper extract in supplements like JYM ZMA. It helps you to actually utilize the ingredients that are in the supplement.
Unfortunately, it isn’t all sunshine and rainbows with the ingredients inside of JYM ZMA. One of the fillers (“other ingredients”) is magnesium stearate. This isn’t a good filler, it’s shown to reduce the bioavailability of other ingredients; thus counteracting the positive effects of BioPerine.
It certainly doesn’t kill the efficacy of Z-JYM in the body, but I think it would be a much better product if it contained a natural alternative to magnesium stearate – such as ascorbyl palmitate.
Lastly, I have to mention that I’ve never been a fan of taking zinc and magnesium both at once. Here’s why…
When you take both zinc and magnesium at the same time, the two minerals fight for absorption within your body. This means, there is a chance they will cancel each other out, and lose their effectiveness when you take them.
This is why I always preferred taking zinc and magnesium at separate times. To make sure my body takes full advantage of them.
With all that said, here are the main ingredients of JYM ZMA;
- Magnesium (Magnesium Aspartate) – Magnesium is an important mineral which helps you maintain a healthy blood pressure and insulin sensitivity. It can also increase muscle oxygenation, which is good if you’re an athlete. However, I don’t like that it comes in the form of Aspartate. There are more bioavailable forms available, for example citrate or Amino Acid Chelate. (source: Examine.com)
- Zinc (Zinc Aspartate and Zinc Monomethionine) – Comes in a high dose of 30 milligrams, which should be more than enough to cover your daily zinc needs. (study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8875519)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyrodoxine HCl) – Important for many functions in the body, and also helps you with Zinc and Magnesium absorption. In my opinion, they should’ve put Vitamin B6 in the form of P5P instead of Pyrodoxine HCl, as P5P is more bioavailable. (study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6727359)
- BioPerine (Black Pepper Extract) – Black Pepper Extract helps your body absorb more of magnesium and zinc, but its effectiveness is likely diminished by magnesium stearate. (study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3634921/)
For this to be called a “testosterone booster,” or a “men’s health formula,” it needs to have more ingredients. Currently, the most researched natural ingredients for testosterone include vitamin D, Fenugreek, Boron, D-Aspartic Acid, and many others that are missing from JYM ZMA.
Side Effects of JYM ZMA
Is JYM ZMA safe?
Although most users reported no side effects from taking the product, there are some who said that it gave them serious headaches and nausea.
As I’ve said before, you can always start with a lower dose of 1 or 2 capsules, and then go from there. If you want to be even more cautious, take JYM ZMA right after a meal – this should help prevent nausea or vomiting.
As for the headaches that some users reported, I think it can be due to the high dose of zinc. Definitely one more reason not to take all 3 pills right from the start. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
As always, be sure to talk to a qualified professional before taking any supplements. This website doesn’t offer advice! We’re here only to educate and inform!
What do Others Say? (Reddit Testimonials)
JYM ZMA reviews are mixed for the most part. This includes Reddit user reviews, as well as reviews from 3rd party sites like Amazon. However, I don’t like other testimonials to influence our JYM ZMA review. I don’t feel these reviews are accurate indicators of how well this supplement works anyways. Why? Because user reviews can be heavily moderated on those sites, and customers themselves could be paid to promote the product, or talk negatively about it.
Pros and Cons
With everything taken into consideration, here’s a quick recap of all the pros and cons in our JYM ZMA review:
- Contains high doses of zinc and magnesium, enough to cover any deficiencies.
- Black Pepper Extract and Vitamin B6 Included, helps your body absorb more of zinc and magnesium.
- May support your hormones if you’re deficient in these minerals.
- Magnesium Stearate is not a good filler. It hinders your body’s ability to utilize other ingredients in this product. There are definitely better, natural alternatives to magnesium stearate out there.
- JYM ZMA won’t do much for your testosterone, strength, and energy unless you’re seriously deficient in zinc and/or magnesium.
- Zinc and Magnesium may cancel each other out when taken together, so it’s questionable how much of an effect JYM ZMA will have in the end.
- Some users reported headaches and nausea from high doses of zinc in Z-JYM.
Conclusion to JYM ZMA Review
So, does JYM ZMA work? Is this supplement worth buying? Well, it does work, but to answer your second question, you’ll need to ask yourself what your goals are.
Are you looking to improve your sleep and cover any nutrient gaps you may have in your diet? If so, then it’s a perfect supplement for your needs. JYM ZMA can be great if you’re deficient in these minerals, and are looking to reap some of their immune-boosting benefits.
However, I’ve never been a fan of pairing zinc and magnesium together, as they are known for fighting over absorption in the body; bringing their effectiveness into question.
At the end of the day, if your only goal is to make sure that you aren’t deficient in any of these two minerals. Then sure, Z-JYM can probably help you with that; despite some of its shortcomings.
However, if your main goal is to boost testosterone, then I would suggest looking at other supplements we reviewed, such as our top 3 page that’s live right now. It features the best testosterone boosters our team has picked out of dozens that we tested this year – using only the most effective, natural ingredients. Follow the link below to learn more: