Here we have Envy Nutrition Fat Burner up for inspection. A nighttime fat burner designed to enhance your sleep and improve your body’s ability to burn fat throughout the night. Sound too good to be true? We’ll find out soon enough!
In our experience reviewing hundreds of supplements, night-time fat burners tend to be a “hit or miss.” Most of the time they deliver on the “PM” part but aren’t as good in the weight loss department. The biggest reason for this is that nighttime fat burners lack servings to keep the ingredients circulating in your system throughout the night – and day. The most effective fat burners use 3-4 daily servings to keep you in a fat-burning state, while Envy Nutrition Nighttime Fat Burner only has one.
The ingredients themselves also don’t look too impressive. There’s vitamin D, white kidney bean, and green coffee bean which are beneficial for keeping weight again away, but these aren’t proven to actually burn fat.
That said, here’s a quick glance at Envy Nutrition Nighttime Fat Burner, after which you can see our team’s complete analysis.
- Promotes sedation and sleepiness
- Uses 2 ingredients that may help inhibit fat accumulation
- Cheap price + free shipping
- 60 servings
- Missing several key ingredients for weight loss and preventing food cravings
- Only 1 serving per day
- Vitamin D dose is too low to have a significant effect
- Uses a proprietary blend which hides most of the ingredients’ doses
About Envy Nutrition Fat Burner
From Envy Nutrition, a popular company often featured on Amazon, comes Nighttime Fat Burner, a PM sleep and weight loss formula.
Featuring 60 capsules per bottle, Envy Nutrition Fat Burner is one of the cheaper supplements you’ll see in this category – costing $24.87 per bottle with free shipping.
It promises to help you:
- Naturally lose weight
- Boost metabolism
- Suppress appetite
- Burn fat while you sleep
- Wake up refreshed
Due to such a cheap price, we can’t help but wonder, does it reflect the quality of its ingredients? There’s only one wa to find out!
How to Use Envy Nutrition
Envy Nutrition Fat Burner comes with a serving of 1 capsule, 30-45 minutes before you go to sleep. Ideally, you should take it with food and water. Don’t take this supplement when you want to stay awake – it packs a sedative punch!
Envy Nutrition Fat Burner has a decent ingredient profile for a PM fat burner. We see White Kidney Bean and green coffee bean, along with sleep aids like melatonin and Valerian.
The issue, however is, that only 1 of those ingredients is clearly shown on the label – Vitamin D. The rest are in a proprietary blend.
What is a proprietary blend, you ask?
It’s a term for sticking ingredients together into one big blob, showing their combined dose on the label. Their individual doses are nowhere to be seen.
You can probably see why this is a problem. Unknown ingredient doses mean we don’t know whether they’re safe and effective.
See for yourself:
- Vitamin D (1200IU) – a safe and healthy dose of a potent hormone, yes, it’s not actually a vitamin! Synthesized from our skin when in contact with sunlight, vitamin D plays a role in keeping your bones strong, mood bright, and hormone levels within youthful ranges. Although it can also activate enzymes that burn fat, the dosage you’ll need for this effect is shown to be around 5,000IU per day or more.
- Proprietary Nighttime Blend (500mg)
- White Kidney Bean (Unknown Dosage) – white kidney bean is common in fat burners because it can ease insulin spikes, which is beneficial for reducing fat accumulation.
- Green Coffee Bean (Unknown Dosage) – green coffee bean is another excellent choice for weight loss, it works similarly to white kidney bean; slowing down the conversion of carbohydrates into body fat tissue.
- L-Theanine (Unknown Dosage) – this amino acid is common to green tea and is not a fat burning ingredient but a calming agent helping you to get to sleep easier.
- L-Tryptophan (Unknown Dosage) – another natural amino acid, this one helps with the creation of melatonin, your body’s chief sleep hormone.
- Valerian Root Extract (Unknown Dosage) – although commonly used in sleep aids, Valerian isn’t proven by evidence to actually work.
- Passionflower Extract (Unknown Dosage) – Passionflower is another unproven sleep aid in Envy Nutrition Fat Burner.
- Melatonin (Unknown Dosage) – at the right doses (1-6mg), melatonin helps you fall asleep faster and sleep better. At higher doses it even helps with jet lag.
In terms of sleep enhancement, Envy Nutrition’s Fat Burner has got you covered. We could nitpick and find some ingredients that are missing, such as magnesium, but overall, it has enough ingredients to help you with sleep.
The fat burn part is where it’s lacking. Only 2 ingredients – white kidney bean and green coffee bean – which aren’t even fat burners! They’re more like ‘fat-preventers’. They help inhibit your body from turning food into stored fat.
But where are actual fat burning ingredients? We don’t see any cayenne pepper extracts, chromium, or other proven ingredients that would actually encourage your body to start tapping into its fat stores, or increasing your metabolic activity.
You might also like:
Envy Nutrition Fat burner is quite popular on Amazon. It boasts over 10,804 reviews at the time of writing.
The average score is 3.8 out of 5, which is quite decent. Most people are happy with the sedative effects of this supplement, but, as expected, we’ve seen quite a few negative reviews on its fat loss effects.
Since Envy Nutrition Fat Burner doesn’t show ingredient doses, there’s a potential for side effects. Certain ingredients like melatonin and L-tryptophan can leave you feeling groggy if you overdo them. We have no way of knowing how much melatonin and other ingredients, besides vitamin D, is in Envy Nutrition Nighttime Fat Burner.
Price and Value for Money?
Envy Nutrition Fat Burner costs around $25 per bottle on the official website. It’s also available on Amazon but the price may change from time to time. You do get free shipping if you’re from the USA, which makes it quite a cheap deal!
If you’re looking for something that will help get you to sleep, Envy Nutrition Fat Burner is a really cheap option that will last you 2 months.
Beyond that, don’t expect too much!
The ‘fat burning’ part is where this product fails to deliver. It’s missing many of the core ingredients that we see in the top-rated fat burners. If you’re commited to losing weight, we recommend doing more research to find more effective (and more transparent!) products.
We do independent analysis on over 40 fat burners every year, searching for the most effective, science-backed formula on the market.
Some of our criteria include:
- Must support fat burning naturally and safely
- 100% clean, legal ingredients
- Energy, Focus & Metabolism
- Effective Appetite Suppression
- Brand Trust
- Value for money
The result of our search has enabled us to compile different “top lists”, such as the Top 6 Women’s Fat Burners and Top 5 Men’s Fat Burners. For the current overall highest rated weight loss supplements, see the link below!