Testosterone boosters have flooded the market ever since early 2010s. We’ve seen a lot of stuff – good, bad, and ugly.
It can be a huge challenge for a layperson to choose the right testosterone booster for their needs with so many options out there. A supplement that is natural, effective, and healthy for daily use.
Today, we’re going to try to make that choice a little easier for you as we inspect XWERKS Rise. We’re going to see if it’s effective at raising your libido, mood, and energy levels among other benefits, and if it’s a good value for the money. We’ll also link to our current top 3 recommended testosterone boosters on the market to make the whole process of narrowing your choice down easier.
Without further ado, here’s a summary of our analysis of XWERKS Rise, followed by the full review.
- Contains natural and safe ingredients
- Light ingredient doses means the risk of side effects is brought to the minimum
- Shilajit, boron, and Tongkat Ali are commonly used testosterone boosting ingredients that should enhance your sexual health and performance
- Missing core ingredients like vitamin D3, magnesium, and D-Aspartic Acid
- Shilajit and Tongkat Ali are good for libido and energy, but they’re not proven to specifically raise testosterone levels
- Could offer more ingredients in higher doses for $49 per bottle that it’s charging
XWERKS Rise is a safe and natural testosterone booster. It’s a decent option for people who’re just taking their first step into the testosterone booster market. If you want more energy and libido, it should do the job to an extent. Here’s the thing, though. You can achieve similar or better results by modifying your diet slightly and adding a vitamin D3 and D-Aspartic Acid supplement, for less money. If you want the absolute best natural testosterone booster on the market, you’ll have to fork out a bit more.
What do we recommend?
About XWERKS Rise
XWERKS Rise is a natural testosterone booster designed to replenish vitamins and minerals in your body that are essential for testosterone health.
Containing 30 servings per bottle, XWERKS Rise claims the following benefits:
- Build more muscle
- Feel more energized & confident
- Improve physical strength
XWERKS Rise is marketed towards older men, although it can be used by anyone who wants to enhance their testosterone levels. As we age, our T levels go down, and with added stress and poor nutrition, it can lead to symptoms like weak sex drive, low energy, and fat gain among others. XWERKS Rise is essentially designed to help counteract these symptoms by providing your body the nutrients and herbs that support healthy T-levels.
How to Use XWERKS Rise
Manufacturer’s recommendation is to take 1 or 2 capsules of XWERKS Rise per day with a glass of water. If you are new to testosterone boosters or have a sensitive stomach, you will want to take it with food to avoid stomach cramps. It’s also best to start with just 1 capsule to gauge how you will react.
XWERKS Rise has 5 active ingredients in total. They are:
- Zinc (80% zinc oxide) – 15mg
- Tongkat Ali – 400mg
- Shilajit Extract – 250mg
- BioPerine (Black Pepper Extract) – 10mg
- Boron – 6mg
This ingredient profile certainly looks capable of nudging your body to elevate its testosterone production. How effective and potent it is though, is up for debate.
This is because there are, sadly, some downsides to the formula.
The main one is that the formula is very simple and is lacking some core ingredients like magnesium, vitamin D, and D-Aspartic Acid. Also, some key ingredients like boron and Shilajit could be dosed higher for more potent effects.
With that said, the ingredients of XWERKS Rise themselves are well-studied for the most part, and should give you some benefits. Let’s take a closer look.
Zinc (80% zinc oxide) – 15mg
Supports all aspects of male health, but it comes in a poorly bioavailable form, oxide.
Zinc is a mineral essential for countless bodily processes, including regulating your immune response, reducing inflammation, and promoting sleep. It also plays a vital role in testosterone production. Zinc may not directly raise your T levels, but it seems to be particularly effective at mitigating the detrimental effects of stress on the male hormone. 
The only problem here is that zinc in XWERKS Rise in its cheapest form. Oxide has low absorption compared to other forms of zinc.
Tongkat Ali – 400mg
Helps boost libido.
Tongkat Ali, or LongJack, is a herb traditionally used to boost libido and fertility. It contains flavonoids, alkaloids, and other antioxidant compounds that have protective effects on your cells. It may also reduce stress (both physical and emotional). [1, 2, 3, 4]
While Tongkat Ali is shown in some studies to have a positive effect on testosterone, solid evidence is lacking. In other words, it may not work at all for this purpose. 
Shilajit Extract – 250mg
Potential anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and stress reduction benefits.
Shilajit is a sticky substance found on mountain rocks in certain regions of the world, such as Himalayas. It is formed from decomposing plants and animals over long periods of time. It is rich in various compounds, most notably fulvic acid, along with having over 40 trace minerals. Shilajit has a long history of use in folk medicine, but concrete human evidence is lacking.
If animal and in vitro studies are anything to go by, Shilajit may have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory bioactivities. And, while it’s not proven, there are some studies showing it may also enhance testosterone production. [6, 7]
Here’s the problem, though. Because its composition depends on the environment and plant and animal matter that it’s formed from, Shijalit in XERKS Rise can be totally different in composition than Shilajit used in aforementioned studies. In other words, not only it may not have the same benefits, but it could also be polluted by heavy metals and other toxins.
BioPerine (Black Pepper Extract) – 10mg
Potentially improves bioavailability of other nutrients.
Black pepper extract doesn’t do much on its own, but it blocks enzymes that attack other compounds, which means it can prolong and/or potentiate the effects of other ingredients in XWERKS Rise. 
Boron – 6mg
Boron is a trace mineral found in foods like apples and diary. This mineral has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects and as a byproduct of that, it helps to balance hormones like testosterone. Dosages of 11.6mg have been shown to raise T levels in some studies. 
Boron is not considered to be an essential mineral as its role in the body is not fully understood yet, but this might change as new studies come out.
Vitamin D, magnesium, and D-Aspartic Acid are the three cornerstone ingredients of every high-quality testosterone booster.
Herbal men’s health enhancers such as ashwagandha and Panax Ginseng could be added, too.
XWERKS Rise is still a good testosterone enhancer, and it should have some degree of effect on your libido and energy levels.
It’s just that it could be that much more potent if it included some of the previously mentioned natural T-boosting ingredients.
[RELATED: Top 5 Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 30]
Aside from customer reviews on their own website, there’s not much noise around XWERKS Rise online. The only reviews you’ll find are the ones similar to ours – from other professional fitness and supplement critic websites. Testimonials from actual users are hard to come by.
XWERKS Rise uses ingredients that are common to testosterone boosters. Ingredient amounts per serving are on the lighter end, too. You shouldn’t have any negative side effects as long as you stick to the usage recommendations.
That said, avoid taking it on an empty stomach if you’re sensitive, as zinc oxide can cause diarrhea and nausea in some cases.
Price and Value for Money?
XERKS Rise costs $49 per bottle (60 capsules). If you subscribe to recurring delivery the price goes down to $46.55 per bottle. The supplement comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if your order on their website exceeds $75, you also get free shipping.
Conclusion to XWERKS Rise Review
XWERKS Rise is a decent testosterone supplement. The only itching spot for us is the price. If it cost $30 per bottle, it would be a decent value.
Slightly above its price tag are more comprehensive testosterone boosting formulas that we believe are more effective at raising your libido, energy, and mood.
We’d say save some bucks and go for the market leading options. If you’re on a budget, just buy vitamin D and D-Aspartic Acid, and include more leafy greens and fish in your diet – this will do the same job, or better, for less money.
We do independent reviews on over 30 testosterone booster supplements every year to help you find the most effective, research-backed formula on the market.
Some of our criteria include:
- Supports testosterone naturally and safely
- 100% clean, legal ingredients
- Long-term and short-term benefits
- Energy, Mood and Libido
- Brand Trust
- Value for money
- Ang HH, Cheang HS, Yusof AP. Effects of Eurycoma longifolia Jack (Tongkat Ali) on the initiation of sexual performance of inexperienced castrated male rats. Exp Anim. 2000 Jan;49(1):35-8. doi: 10.1538/expanim.49.35. PMID: 10803359.
- Ang HH, Lee KL, Kiyoshi M. Sexual arousal in sexually sluggish old male rats after oral administration of Eurycoma longifolia Jack. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2004;15(3-4):303-9. doi: 10.1515/jbcpp.2004.15.3-4.303. PMID: 15803965.
- Kotirum S, Ismail SB, Chaiyakunapruk N. Efficacy of Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) on erectile function improvement: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Complement Ther Med. 2015 Oct;23(5):693-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ctim.2015.07.009. Epub 2015 Jul 31. PMID: 26365449.
- Ismail SB, Wan Mohammad WM, George A, Nik Hussain NH, Musthapa Kamal ZM, Liske E. Randomized Clinical Trial on the Use of PHYSTA Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia for the Improvement of Quality of Life and Sexual Well-Being in Men. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:429268. doi: 10.1155/2012/429268. Epub 2012 Nov 1. PMID: 23243445; PMCID: PMC3518798.
- Tambi MI, Imran MK, Henkel RR. Standardised water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia, Tongkat ali, as testosterone booster for managing men with late-onset hypogonadism? Andrologia. 2012 May;44 Suppl 1:226-30. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0272.2011.01168.x. Epub 2011 Jun 15. PMID: 21671978.
- Pandit S, Biswas S, Jana U, De RK, Mukhopadhyay SC, Biswas TK. Clinical evaluation of purified Shilajit on testosterone levels in healthy volunteers. Andrologia. 2016 Jun;48(5):570-5. doi: 10.1111/and.12482. Epub 2015 Sep 22. PMID: 26395129.
- Fernández-Lázaro D, Mielgo-Ayuso J, Córdova Martínez A, Seco-Calvo J. Iron and Physical Activity: Bioavailability Enhancers, Properties of Black Pepper (Bioperine®) and Potential Applications. Nutrients. 2020 Jun 24;12(6):1886. doi: 10.3390/nu12061886. PMID: 32599787; PMCID: PMC7353321.
- Naghii MR, Mofid M, Asgari AR, Hedayati M, Daneshpour MS. Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2011 Jan;25(1):54-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jtemb.2010.10.001. Epub 2010 Dec 3. PMID: 21129941.
- Prasad AS, Mantzoros CS, Beck FW, Hess JW, Brewer GJ. Zinc status and serum testosterone levels of healthy adults. Nutrition. 1996 May;12(5):344-8. doi: 10.1016/s0899-9007(96)80058-x. PMID: 8875519.